Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Milestone of Sorts

Happy 4th of July!  Today is not only my father's 85th birthday, it is also the one year anniversary since I had the brain seizure that ultimately led me to see the doctor and learn that I had cancer.  This morning, Doug and I ran the Highland Park Firecraker 4 Mile again.  My time was not nearly as good as last year, but I didn't walk or stop at all during this run - that's progress!

I'm feeling pretty normal and tested my stamina this week by putting in 12 hour days (9 of them doing stand-up training each day) for 3 days in a row.  Not only did I get through it, the student evaluations were all very positive!  :)

My appointment with Dr. B that was scheduled for July 5 has now been postponed to July 19 so those of you keeping track, no need to worry that I don't post anything about the results of the visit for a couple more weeks.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Tena Russ said...

Happy Fourth to you and happy birthday to your dad. Especially happy news that you are doing so well.