Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Our Awesome Trip to Africa

We just came home from a 16-day trip to South Africa this past Saturday.  It was amazing.  We had great weather.  I got to pet a giraffe, a lion cub, a cheetah and several other wild cats and feed an elephant.  During game drives we saw hippos, zebra, impala, nyala (a local animal similar to antelope), lots of giraffes and assorted other wild creatures.  The highlight was horseback riding on the Indian Ocean shores in St. Lucia and then riding the horse into a game reserve and having up close encounters with baboons, zebra and impala.  Cape Town was also great, with its beautiful shorelines, wine country and diverse cultures. 

An African photo safari was at the top of my "bucket list" of things I wanted to do in my life.  I am very grateful to my sister and brother-in-law for helping to make this happen by bidding on the game reserve visit at a charity auction.  It was the trip of a lifetime.  I am so grateful that my recovery from cancer has allowed me this great adventure.

Click here to link to some photo highlights of our trip.

No comments: