Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Headaches and Other Fun Side Effects


I had an appointment with Dr. Caplan, my primary physician, yesterday evening to try to figure out the cause of my headaches, which I have been having regularly for the past few weeks in varying degrees of severity. 
 
She didn’t feel any pressure in the sinuses and thinks the headaches are in the migraine family.  There is a chance that I have had some kind of virus, maybe even some form of shingles, that triggered both the hearing loss and these headaches and that it might ultimately go away.  There is also a chance I will be dealing with migraines from now on.  I guess we wait and see.

 In the meantime, she recommended using Excedrin Migraine.  If that doesn’t work, we will try Imetrix.  And if that doesn’t work, we would move on to the hard stuff that has a barbiturate in it.

In the midst of all this, I am now developing mouth sores and my face has broken out in an angry rash.  Boy will I be glad when I’m done with this chemo treatment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, DL, I wish I had the perfect remedy for mouth sores and angry rashes. And shingles! When describing her bout with shingles, my mother-in-law said to us: "I was about ready to go out in the garage." It took us all a moment to get what she was saying, particularly me because I had recently had a conversation with a old male friend who was not certain about having kids -- he said, 'every time the topic of kids is brought up, I just want to go out to the garage.' My solution for him was to simply ask himself: sex or the garage? Not to take any credit, as I cannot, he does have two wonderful kids now. BUT, if my mother-in-law says she is thinking of going in the garage, at 90, we know she will not be talking about abstinence.
OK. So, did I get off track? Things will get better -- migraines & menopause??, shingles, flu (rotten ones going around), and chemo...all have an end!!!! Hurrah!!
I send you a very, very big hug!
-Carol