Total Pageviews

Monday, January 19, 2015

Things Seem to be Looking Up!

Had my visit with Rush today that included blood work and vitals, MRI for the brain, Dr. Bonomi consultation and maintenance chemotherapy.

Although some of the blood levels were too high and others too low in the acceptable range, none of them were significantly  out of range and Dr. B was not at all concerned.  The tumor markers remain stable.

The report about my MRI scan showed no new lesions or growth so things remain clear in the brain.  The headaches are less frequent and severe.

Everything went well except for a lot of extra needle sticks since my veins have a tendency to roll and they were especially bad today.  But I'm still willing to suffer through more missed needle insertions than succumb to having a port put in my chest.

Things definitely do seem to be getting better!

5 comments:

Peg said...

This is great, DonnaLee, and good to hear the headaches

have eased somewhat. Love to you & Doug!

RNH said...

You go, Girl. So glad you have put a bit of the nonsense and side effects behind you and share your wish for a kind and gentle 2015. Looking forward to seeing you and Doug soon! Oscar Party?

sue m said...

2015 is starting out right! So, so happy to hear this!

Anonymous said...

Hi DonnaLee. I have followed your blog for a couple years now after a fellow HPHS Choralier told me about what was going on. You are an amazing person and I am happy to hear things are stable.

Although my own cancer experience is different from yours (two "early-onset" independent advanced cancers in my 30s and 40s), my chemo regimen required a port. In some of your posts you've mentioned them, and if in the future you need or want one, they are not so bad. Not the prettiest things in the world, but they allow for painless treatments and scans. I've always been a difficult "stick", so as patients we do what we need to do.

Keep up the amazing work you have done. I am very proud of you.

-Signed, an old choir and U of I friend.

Susan said...

Donnalee! I am so happy to read of your progress and most importantly that you are feeling better. I know the end of the year was not great so I do wish all great and wonderful things for you in 2015. It was great to see you and Doug and I hope to see you soon. (And April isn't too far off now ). My best for continued good news and progress.