Total Pageviews

Monday, March 2, 2015

Good Report to Start a Great Getaway

Today's visit to the hospital went well with all the appointments going smoothly and all the results being positive.

I had an MRI for the brain that showed stability.  My blood work was mostly in the normal ranges and anything outside of normal was only slightly so.  Dr. Bonomi is very happy with all the reports. 

Armed with all that good news, I can leave Doug and the dogs with a clear conscious as I head out for a week in the sun to visit my parents and get away from the bitter Midwest winter.   We celebrated our good news with Doug's folks this evening.  They will stay at our house with the dogs while I am away and Doug works every day.  Many thanks to them for providing this help!

There is more celebrating ahead as Doug and I both turn 50 later this month.  Something I used to dread, but now am very thankful to be able to celebrate!

I've had my last chemo in my 40's.  The next one is the day after my birthday!

4 comments:

Peg said...

What a great update, DonnaLee. So glad.
And as a permanent Midwest escapee let me wish you Happy Trails to wherever it is you're going for some respite from the tundra! Love to you & Doug

sue m said...

DonnaLee, soak up some sun knowing you just warmed our souls! Oh happy day!!!

Unknown said...

Rah, Rah, Rah!
That is great news.

DonnaLee, you are the poster child (child? well, you are younger than me) for Ms. Wonderful! Ms. Super Attitude! Ms. Perseverance! Ms.Role Model For Kindest Heart! (I could go on.) So, when I hear of someone who is diagnosed with non-small cell adenocarcinoma and their doc is going traditional, I say: have they tested for EFGR mutation? Just now I had the same conversation with someone who's sister has not been ... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
So, not only do we still have the amazing and wonderful DonnaLee around because of her (and her family) fantastic 'can do attitude', she keeps touching lives with inspiration with multiple degrees of separation.

Enjoy the sun. I will send my vibes to a warmer climate now ...
Much love,
Carol H.

Anonymous said...

Happy 50th birthdays. Now time to get your colonoscopy. Dr. John Vainder and Dr. James Spitz are two great doctors.