Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2015

5 Years and Counting

For those of you keeping track, today marks the fifth anniversary of my lung cancer diagnosis.  That time has seen a lot of ups and downs, but the bottom line is that I am still here - long past what was expected and hanging out at the tail of the lung cancer survival curve. 

With the improvements in research and subsequent treatments, I think it is feasible to hope for a cure for this cancer in my lifetime.  That's the new goal.  To reach it, more funding for lung cancer research is required.  I promise I won't hit people up for money on a regular basis, but every year at this time I do solicit for donations to the United Against Lung Cancer's Lung Run at Montrose Harbor in Chicago at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 19.  I have a team that walks and/or runs for the event - Team DL.  We'd love for you to join the team or donate to the cause.  The link to do either is
http://LungRun.kintera.org/2015/dcaring.  


Many of you who read this blog already have pledged your time and money to this event.  Thank you so much and I am really excited to see you on the 19th!  It would mean so much to me for any readers of this blog to take advantage of every opportunity to donate in any way they can when they have an opportunity to help fund lung cancer research.

Thank you all for your interest in me and my cancer experiences over the past five years.  I hope to continue with updates and mostly good news for a long time to come.

No comments: