Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

Positive Signs

It's been almost two weeks on Tarceva and so far, no major problems.  I may be seeing signs of a slight rash near my neckline by the bottom of my ears, but it isn't causing me any discomfort and doesn't look too bad.  The radiation burn on my neck is much better - only about an inch of redness and much less angry than before.  I've been off the steroids since last Thursday and have slept through the night ever since.  I am feeling more and more like my old self and less spacey with each passing day.  And finally, my right hand seems to be improving.  I can sign my name when needed now and yesteday, I was able to write continuously with my right hand for about four or five sentences before the shakes got too bad. 

I think that given my re-emergence toward normalcy, it is probably time to stop taking advantage of the generosity of my friends and neighbors and start cooking for ourselves again after this week.  To everyone who has supplied a meal to us, we are so very, very grateful and I'll have you all know I actually gained weight over the past two months because of it!  The food has been delicious and we have been spoiled more than we deserve.  Thank you all so very much.  If things take a turn at some other juncture, I promise I'll let you know if we need to start up the gravy train again!

1 comment:

Tena Russ said...

Two thumbs up! More, if I had them.

LOL, my word verification is "gocha."