Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Check Up

I had my monthly bloodwork and visit with Dr. Bonomi at Rush this afternoon.  All the bloodwork remains normal and everything seems to be fine. 

My appetite has continued to be weak and I still get pretty tired by the end of each day, but we are not sure if I have a cold or if it is a side effect of the Tarceva.  Dr. Bonomi suspects that it's the Tarceva.  I am staying on the every-other-day dose, at least for the time being.  I might try to drink some wine with meals more often to stimulate my appetite.  The doc said that is probably the best way to go in terms of an appetite stimulant - it could be worse!  :)

I still have just a little stubble on my scalp and I am starting to get impatient for hair - it is really chilly on the head and neck when the temperature outside is freezing!  But both the doc and his nurse, Irene, say that the speed (or lack thereof) of my hair growth is pretty typical.  Aaaarrggghhhh! and Brrrrrrrrr!

Tuesday, February 1 will be another round with the MRI and CAT scans.  I don't think there will be much other news between now and then.

2 comments:

Susan said...

No news is good news! I'm glad to hear that all continues to go well. Stay warm!

Holly Kal-Weiss said...

Hi DonnaLee,
Just thought I would check in on your progress and I'm glad to see that the treatment is keeping the tumours under control. Hope the hair comes back soon (I just looked at the pictures of your family in the wig- how great are those pictures!)

Sending love to you from London :-)
Holly