Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Lung is Done and All is Well

I survived all four of my focused lung radiation treatments and I am done for the foreseeable future with cancer treatments.

All that is left is check ups and scans to make sure no new growth appears and maintenance usage of my Tarceva pill every other day.

So now Doug and I will try to fully absorb this good news and find our way toward a "new normal" life!

Thanks again for all the support everyone who is reading this has given to us throughout this difficult time.  I will continue to blog the results of check-ups but hope that there won't be much big news going forward.

The 2011 Lung Run in Chicago is now taking registrations and I am hoping that a battalion of my army of supporters would join me in planning to RUN, not walk, in this year's Sept. 17 event.  (I think the fact that I never stopped running throughout my ordeal made a real difference and would like to give others that same bulwark for their own health.) In a separate email, I will post a link to a team page and will gladly put together team training runs to get us ready to run a 5K (3 miles) for a great cause - funding research to find a cure for lung cancer.  This will be a fun event in a beautiful environment (Montrose Harbor on Chicago's lakefront) that will help your own health and those of others who really need that help.  Let's keep riding this wave of good will and good outcomes as far as we can!

3 comments:

Tena Russ said...

You did it!
You did it!
You did it!

So happy for you!

LDA said...

Excellent! Congratulations on powering through this part of the journey with such grace. Now it's onward to the "new normal"!

I've got the run penciled in on our calendar and we hope to be able to join Team DL again. (I may be out of town for a wedding, but if not we will definitely be there.)

Much love to you both!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's the only word I can eek out at this moment. Bill and I are absolutely wowed by your news. Love you both. J&B