Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

Still on Anti-Seizure Meds

I had an appointment with my neurologist, Dr. Angelopoulos on May 10 and she wanted me to have another EEG to see how the brain is doing.  I was hoping everything would be normal on the EEG so I could further cut back on the anti-seizure medication.  Alas, the EEG results came through this week and there is still abnormal slowness in the brain waves of the right temporal lobe (I think that's where she said it was) so I remain on the Keppra twice a day.  It's not a big deal, but Dr. A feels it is best to be conservative and make sure there that I don't have any seizures in the future, especially while driving.  She said it is still possible that I will one day have a normal EEG and may be able to someday get off the medications, but it also is not a sure thing.  Another "wait and see" deal - lots of those with this whole process.  The good news is that she says as long as I stay on the medication, I can ride roller-coasters! :)

Thursday, June 2 I will meet with both oncologists - Dr. Bonomi and Dr. Kiel for a follow up from the lung radiation.  I don't expect there will be anything new coming from that meeting since we haven't done any scans since I completed the radiation.  If there is anything to report, I'll post it on this blog.

1 comment:

Tena Russ said...

Do you really want to ride roller coasters? Just kidding. Thanks for the update. Have a terrific weekend!