Total Pageviews

Friday, October 3, 2014

A Step in the Right Direction

Today I had my first chemo with the new treatment at the Rush Oak Park hospital.  I am pleased and relieved to say that everything went smoothly.  Although the infusion nurse had some trouble finding my wobbly vein, she did get it in and nobody talked to me about putting in a port today (whew!)

There were a few points along the way during the chemo infusion where a patient may experience that a drug might causes a reaction in the body - hives, nausea, fainting, shortness of breath are some examples - and the dosage or drug would need adjustment before proceeding. Fortunately in my case, I got through all three drugs without any problems.

The next test is seeing what and how severe the short-term side effects from today's treatments are.  I probably won't have any noticeable side effects until Sunday and they might be strongest Sunday through Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

My next chemo will be just the Taxol chemo drug and that will be on Monday, October 13. 


1 comment:

sue m said...

Thanks for the update, DonnaLee. It's remarkably thoughtful of you to take time to update us despite all you are going through. But that's who you are. Bless you, friend!