Total Pageviews

Monday, October 26, 2015

Things are starting to look up!



I didn’t expect to have much news from today’s visit with Dr. Bonomi since we didn’t do any scans.  But we did take blood.  And there was good news there – the tumor markers that had steadily been going up for the past many visits came way down!  The CA-125 marker came down from 67 to 12.  The CEA marker came down from 20.9 to 5.2. 

Overall, I’m feeling better too.  Not as achy, more alert, and stomach feeling much better.  I haven’t vomited in over a month.  It’s looking like this new drug is working for me.  We’ll have the scans that will be definitive about the progress on November 23.  The drug is still awaiting FDA approval.  Dr. Bonomi is now hearing late December.  I hardly pay attention anymore since they’ve been saying FDA will approve by the end of the month since April or so.  I’m on the drug, and although I’d prefer not to go to Michigan every 6 weeks to get it (especially in the winter), I’m happy to be on it.

Let's hope the scans reveal more good news in November.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Great news!!!

Anonymous said...

G_d bless, that's absolutely wonderful news!