Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Latest CAT scan results and medications

I had an appoint for a CAT scan to the lungs, blood work and consultation with Irene and Dr. Bonomi this past Monday, April 25.

The scan showed stability and even a slight reduction of size of the nodules in the chest.

There were no scans for the brain and spine - that will occur on May 23rd - so no new information available at this time on that.

Dr. B. wants me to add Avastin to my medical regimen.  He thinks it might be a boost to the Tarceva and make it more effective. Unfortunately, it is delivered via infusion so will add even more time for me in the hospital, which is already a long day every three weeks.  But if it can make things get better, it's worth it.

Dr. B strongly supports the Rehabilitation Therapy work I'm doing 3 hours 3 days a week.  He thinks the combination of Tarceva and Rehabilitation is my best bet for a recovery.  I sure hope this will work.  I am feeling more challenged by the lack of independent mobility, strength and stability than anything I have encountered so far throughout my dealings with cancer.

No comments: