Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Got the results of Tuesday's scans today.  [Insert drum roll here.]

There is NO EVIDENCE of brain lesions anywhere in the brain.

The lung tumor is stable and INACTIVE.

We are stunned and delighted.  Even the doctors were a bit surprised by this great outcome. 

YIPPEE!!  HOORAY!! WHOOPY!  HAZZAH!

We are still going to pursue some focused radiation on the lung to zap any microscopic cancer that may still be there but not showing up on the PET scan.  The focused radiation has a 90% success rate.  I will also continue on the Tarceva as long as it seems to be working.

Although I'll never be able to say I am cured and the cancer can come back at any time, this is as close to being free of cancer as I can ever hope to come.  I'll take it!

Please feel free to pour yourself your favorite alcoholic beverage and raise your glass in virtual celebration with Doug and me - you all get part of the credit for this wonderful news.  I know the tremendous support I've received throughout this whole ordeal has a lot to do with this success.  Thank you.

9 comments:

Tena Russ said...

OMG, I am weeping into my wine. DL, you are a miracle. OMG.

xoxo

RNH said...

Spectacular News! Made my day, my week, my year. Can't wait to see you this weekend and help celebrate.

Peg said...

Katie called me last night with the news & I'm still doing the happy dance.....
WOW WOW WOW WOW
THANK YOU, GOD
THANK YOU, GOD
THANK YOU, GOD

Sending you and Doug big hugs!!!!

NCSchoon said...

Completely and Utterly Wonderful news! I am so happy to hear this today! have a great weekend!

obyrne said...

Schoon said it all but I am so happy to hear this I could not help but add a horay for you too!

Alex said...

I was drinking before you're news, so this works perfectly for me. Great news.....we knew you could do it!

AlliMarie said...

What amazing news!!! I'm so happy for both you and Doug! You are forever in our prayers and cannot wait to have a real drink with you to celebrate! XOXO

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

That is WONDERFUL news!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!