Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Scans Today, Results & Options Discussed Thursday

This is just a quick update.  I had the PET scan this morning and the Brain MRI this afternoon at Rush.  Everything went smoothly, but it was a long day with a lot of waiting in between the procedures and no food since 7:00 this morning so I am wiped out.  As I expected, no results were provided today but these will be provided and options for next steps discussed with Dr. Bonomi and one or two of their radiation oncologists this Thursday afternoon.  My brother Rick will be joining Doug and me for this meeting.  Rick, my sister Susan, Doug and I have all been doing some research to educate ourselves and we've been preparing questions to ask at that meeting.  Thanks to those who offered suggested resources - I checked out everything suggested by everyone.

Meanwhile, I have about a 1/2 inch of hair growth on my head but still have that sparser area in the front and center.  I've started to venture out occasionally without covering my head, but I still get cold a lot and wearing the hat makes a difference in maintaining warmth.

I will post again on Thursday evening, of if I'm too tired, Friday with the results and outcomes from the doctors' meeting.  Stay tuned!

No comments: