Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

First Chemo Treatment is Done

Today I had my first chemotherapy treatment.  It went pretty well.  I had no discomfort.  The needle went in smoothly (hopefully, that means I won't need a port); there was no nausea or other effects I felt.  I am tired, but that may just be the stress of the day.


The real test of how I manage will be over the course of the rest of this week.  The fatigue and potential nausea supposedly kick in around Wednesday and may last as little as a day or as long as a week.  The drugs they gave me today included a couple to prevent nausea and boost energy.  I also will be taking pills over the next three days to do the same.


I will post at least once more this week to let everyone know how I'm coping with the side effects.

No comments: