Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Good News on the Hearing Front


I had my check-up today with the audiologist, Dr. Keri Kwarta and the ear, nose and throat doctor, Dr. Caldarelli.  My hearing has improved significantly.  The doctors say it is seldom that they see such drastic improvement occur so quickly.  The audiologist said she had maybe 5 cases of recovery like mine in her work experience. 

 Although not perfect, my word recognition performance increased from 20% to 92% in the right ear (it was at 100% in left ear both times).  Although the test on recognizing tones was still below normal for the right ear on about 3 or 4 frequencies out of 10 tested, it is still much improved over the last test across all frequencies.  (The left ear is fine on all frequencies.)

Nobody could say whether I might have even further improvement or not.  I still have tinnitus constantly in the right ear.  I will continue stepping down on the prednisone dose and should be done with it entirely after November 11.

In other health-related news, I continue to get some bloody noses and daily headaches (ENT doctor thinks headaches are triggered by cervical issue based on my description of  location of pain, but he didn’t even look at it.)

I am really excited about the improvement in my hearing.  But as usual, am not satisfied and want further improvement.  I guess I'm a perfectionist.

No comments: