Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 5, 2015

I Guess I Misunderstood

For all of you checking the blog today (technically, yesterday now) to see if there is news on whether I have the mutation needed for the extended access of the AZD9291 drug, there is no news yet.  After waiting for a call all day, I finally called my oncology nurse at 4:30 this afternoon and she said nothing has come in yet.  She said that my blood sample probably didn't arrive at the Guardiant office until Monday, August 24th and it would be two weeks from when they received the sample.  Nobody mentioned that little detail to me earlier. 

Since it is a holiday weekend, the earliest I can expect to hear any results is this Tuesday, September 8.

Thanks for checking in.  Have a good Labor Day weekend, all. 

2 comments:

Peg said...

Aaarrggh...the frustrating twists & turns continue. Sorry, DonnaLee. Have been keeping my hopes and prayers for you stoked. Thanks for explaining this complex stuff so clearly. Looking forward to the news/next steps after this weekend.
Love to you and Doug

sue m said...

DonnaLee, bless you for your thoughtfulness in updating us on a holiday weekend. I know it must seem like like longest weekend ever to you and Doug and your families. They sure didn't use flying monkeys to airmail these results, did they? Love and prayers,