Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2015

Slow Down ...and Wait!



It was a very long day today.  I left the house at 7:35 a.m. today and got home from the hospital at 6:15 p.m.  A lot of that time was spent in waiting rooms.  It seems Rush may not be the best name for that hospital because it certainly doesn’t seem like they are in any hurry to get things done.

Dr. Bonomi is not feeling an urgency to switch to the new treatment.  He is framing the situation that today started a new 3-week cycle of cancer treatment.  Dr. Bonomi will work with the doctor in Lansing to figure out how to taper off the Tarceva  I’m still taking once a week and add in the ASD9291 over the next 3-week cycle.  After my first visit there, I will have to come back after another 3 weeks.  After the first two visits, I can then go every 6 weeks from that point on. 

The Lansing hospital wanted an EKG for my heart, so I stayed even longer today to get that over with.  This drug better have the pay off  I’ve been hearing about for all this hassle!

No comments: