Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2015

Putting my Faith in the Sparrow



I finally received an appointment with Sparrow Hospital to get the new AZD9291 drug in Lansing on Friday, October 2.  And I am very excited to learn that I won’t spend more than a couple of hours at the hospital.  No scans, no blood work, no tests.  Just some consultations with the oncologist and nurse.  I can go to and from Lansing in a day!  Good thing, since it is Homecoming weekend for Michigan State University that weekend and there are no hotel rooms available!

I will have to have blood tests done near home each week and have the results faxed to Sparrow and then go back to get a refill three weeks after the first one.  After that, it would be one trip every six weeks or whenever the FDA approves the drug for general use.  When that happens, I will be able to fill the prescription through Rush and right to home. 

Let’s hope the good news keeps coming!  And let the healing begin!

DonnaLee

3 comments:

Peg said...

EXELLENT! Safe travels to and from Lansing. Love to you & Doug :)

RNH said...

Very good news. You are on a roll. XO Becky & Matt

Unknown said...

Well, you are the Amazing Woman!! Lung Run mid September, take a break, then run over to Lansing today!
DonnaLee, all great news! I hope your appointment went well. I am sending "feel great" vibes to you.
I can't wait to hear about the trip, but you and Doug deserve a rest first!
Much love! Carol