Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Midway Through Radiation and Can Drive Again

Today marked the half-way point for my full brain radiation treatments - 10 down, 10 to go.  I'm still feeling okay for the most part, just get a little spacey from time to time.

I also learned today that I am once again cleared to drive!  Yeah!  The results of my EEG, although still showing some slower than normal activity, do not indicate any epileptic activity and the bloodwork showed I was in an acceptable level for the anti-seizure medications to be effective (although the neurologist still wants to increase the dosage a bit).  It will be good to have my independence back.  Thanks to all who have been driving me around for the past four weeks - you have been wonderful!

On the downside, my hair is coming out in brushfuls so I think I only have a day or two before I lose it all.  Otherwise, I am doing well.  I ran 5 miles with the dogs this morning and felt great.

7 comments:

K8t said...

Dl, you are so amazing. You have such a beautiful face, hair is not a big deal...I can't believe you ran 5 miles with the dogs! You're such a jock! Can't wait to see you soon!

Love, K8t

Tena Russ said...

With or without hair I am looking forward to seeing you and Sundance at HPL in October.

Anonymous said...

DL, I'm so happy you are feeling well!!! I wouldn't after 5 miles :). As for your hair, you'll just be gorgeous as is! -Carol H.

Unknown said...

I think I quoted my mom in an earlier comment... you'll have a lot less on your mind!

I should start running; from one breasty girl to another... what sport bra do you recommend 'cause I've always had a helluva time keepin' my girls in check!

Xo, Beej

Pamela's Test Blog said...

DL - I know that Doug has always liked your hair short, so there is an upside :)

xoxoxo,
pamela

RNH said...

Great milestone and great for you to be able to drive again. 5mi. = insane. I have joined a bootcamp and am huffing and puffing when we jog in the parking lot. Good to hear you still have lots of energy. Ellie and I are ready to come up to see you when you say.

Heather said...

Hey DL, that will be amazing to get your independence back...mind you, with all that running you won't need the car so much ;)

Only 4 weeks today til I see you guys - so excited!!

Sending lots of love and hugs from Scotland

Hev xxxx