Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Plans for the Lung Mass

I spoke to Dr. Bonomi's nurse this morning and the plan is to meet with Dr. Bonomi the week after brain radiation treatments are done (October 5) and begin the Tarceva oral medication.  We will have monthly check ups for progress and a CAT scan every 8 weeks to see how the tumors are responding - the first one being some time in November.  So now we officially have our plan!

Also met with Dr. Angelopolous, the neurologist today, for follow up on the brain seizures.  She wants me to have more blood work and have another EEG to see if the anti-seizure medication is working at the appropriate therapeutic level.  I will set up these tests and then check in with her by phone to get the results a week later.  If she is satisfied with the levels, I might get permission to start driving again sometime soon.

(For those of you who are interested in the greater details of my initial consultation with Dr. Bonomi and his staff last Thursday, I have now added "The Longer Story" to the blog post for Thursday, September 2.)

5 comments:

K8t said...

Wow, are you ever getting a rush education! Someone not as intelligent would feel incredibly overwhelmed, but you sound right at home! You put in so much detail, I feel like I am right there with you...wish I was! Love, K8t

Pookie said...

I'm glad you're going to be able to drive again soon (hopefully). It's shitty enough to be sick, but I know that losing independence can be quite a blow, too. I'm on a med that is used to treat seizures (I'm on it for a different reason). Hope that you can find one that works for you.

Anonymous said...

Donna Lee-

Looks like youve covered all the bases very well for this sucky situation. Call me if you need ANYTHING!

Andy Blint

Anonymous said...

Hi DonnaLee,
Just checking in to see how your treatment is progressing. Glad to hear all the positive news!
Lots of love,
Holly

Unknown said...

Almost sounds like you're going back to school for a medical degree. Good to hear you're doing well, keeping your spirits up and have a game plan. That's the DL we know and love. Sending warm wishes:) -Krista